I think these picture are very interesting to make and look at, just keep in mind what the assignment is. Seen that you had several weeks to work on this project and have some time on you hand being indoor for long amount of time these days. I would like to see some actual production on the Mask, not only the picture situation.
Glass Mask I explored more reflections and context in glass masks. This time I wanted to merge two faces so that despite the transparency of the mask the face of the mask wearer is not disclosed. My motivation to do so emerged from the ambivalence of the glass mask. Masks imply social distancing, withholding information and thus gaining an advantage in social interaction (by deciding not to show one's face while one can see the other person's face). This mask, however, necessitates the cooperation of another person: without the other one cannot hide one's face. This is exacerbated by the fact that only in the right position of the two people, the faces merge in the reflection. Therefore, the two people need to interact closely with each other creating an intimacy that contradicts the function of masks. Nose Mask The image of a huge flat surface with a tiny nose peeking through motiva...
# NETS MASKS What started about a comment on identity related to food and a comment on our choices for food and awareness about what we eat has lead to a visual research through light and opacity. I love the material I created (the "fabric" with the plastic net of the fruits), its colours, its consistency (it has different thickness and therefore different opacity), how you can combine it with light. This is why I decided to pursue the combination of the material with light and how I can mask the face not directly by putting the material on the skin but simply by playing with the light and everything that comes with this: shades and shadows, focus, colours, transparency. ***Further details... I created a sort of sculpture with a glass and the net, I have pictures of the object if you'd like to see it. But I thought if I reveal the object in this series of pictures then the magic goes away. I believe this series of pictures turned out very poetic: they evoque ...
this is a my third mask, I made this by knitting I wanted to do something with this period in my life, feeling isolated, alone sometimes this mask is what came out of that feeling the face is not visible, but you also can't see through the mask itself with the photo series I tried to show this feeling of being stuck and wanted to move, go out
Reacties